Get a question? We are here to answer! If you can’t find your answer here, drop us a line at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Career has been fully upgraded in 2022, combined with the volunteer app and "Event GO!" to a new application - "Social Career".
To browse all volunteer opportunities and activities, please download the “Social Career” mobile app.
Via "Social Career" app, you can:
- Browse different types of volunteer opportunities and apply online
- Check details of applied volunteer opportunities, volunteer hours record & volunteering history (Social CV)
“Social Career” app is free to download and aims to encourage more people to participate in various volunteer opportunities and local activities, as to make positive impact to the community.
You can download the "Social Career" app and click "Account" to enter the "Log in/Sign up" page. Then, you can register your account by Apple ID / Google / Phone number / email address and complete the verification.
Once the account is successfully registered, you can select any volunteer opportunities or activities on the homepage or through "Search" and click "Join". Then, the corresponding organisation will proceed your application.
Yes, if you already have Social Career account, you can directly login your account in new APP. Please refer to this article to learn more.
Users need to use the registered email/phone to log in the new app as to connect the data of the existing account. Information from the old system, such as Social CV, is expected to be transferred to the new system by mid-January 2022.
In addition, if users do not log in to the new app via the existing way, he/she will not be able to import the original account information when the system is merged.
Please click the "Log in/Sign up" page in “Account” and enter your email or phone number and click “Send confirmation email” or “Send SMS code”.
If you register with email, please check whether you receive "Welcome to join Social Career!" verification email in your mailbox.
- If not, please check your “Promo” or “Spam” box.
If you register with your mobile phone number, please check the SMS in your phone.
Social Career account can be verified by email/ mobile phone number, so password is not needed.
If you have not applied any volunteer opportunities/ activities with that account, please log out and register another account with the correct email address.
If you have used that account to join volunteer opportunities/ activities or have volunteer hours, please send an email to email@example.com and provide your old and new email addresses.
The organisation will confirm hours for volunteers in Social Career system within 2 weeks after the completion of the activities. Once confirmed, it will be displayed in the volunteer account.
If you cannot view the record, please contact the NGO staff directly. You can find the contact information of the organisation in "Enquiry" at the bottom of the "activities" page in Social Career app; or contact Social Career at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
"Add/claim hours" function is not yet ready in the new Social Career App. We are constantly updating the new platform, stay tuned for more features to come.
If you want to delete your account, please send an email to email@example.com and provide your login information so that we can assist you.
As the volunteer opportunities/activities on Social Career platform are published by different organisations, you can check the age limit of the volunteer opportunities/activities in the "Age Requirements" section of the activity details page.
Your application result will be informed by the recruiting organisation.
- If you submit an application, you will receive a "Application received" email from our system automatically, informing you that the application form has been submitted to the organisation (The email could be found in the Inbox or the Spam folder).
- If your application is accepted by the recruiting organisation, you will receive a "Application successful" email. Instead, you will receive a "Application declined" email if your application has not been accepted.
- The recruiting organisations might contact you by phone, email or instant message in regard to the application result.
You can also check the status via Social Career app
- Click “Schedule” to see latest status
- "Confirmed" means application successful
- "Pending" means the organisation has not yet confirmed your application. You can click on the volunteer opportunity/activity to view the details.
If the service/ activity date is approaching, but the application is still in "Pending", please try to reach the contact person of the recruiting organisation to get the result. You can find the contact information of the organisation in "Enquiry" at the bottom of the "Activities" page in Social Career app.
If your application is pending, you can edit it by following steps:
- Click "Schedule"
- Click on the volunteer opportunity/activity you want to edit
- Click "Edit application" at the bottom of the page, click "Edit date" and click “Confirm and submit”. Then, the recruiting organisation will be notified.
If your application is pending, you can cancel your application by following steps:
- Click "Schedule"
- Click on the volunteer opportunity/activity you want to cancel
- Click "Edit application" at the bottom of the page, and then click "Cancel application"
- You can only cancel the application 72 hours before the service/ activity start. Alternatively, please contact the organisation directly.
If your application is confirmed, you have to inform the organisation by yourself.
- You can find the contact information of the organisation in "Enquiry" at the bottom of the "Activities" page in Social Career app.
If your application is confirmed but you are unable to attend particular session, you can report absence by following steps:
- Click "Schedule"
- Click on the volunteer opportunity/activity
- Click “Report absence” and enter the reason.
However, if you are unable to attend the session(s) within 72 hours before the volunteer opportunity/activity date, please contact the recruiting organisation separately. You can find the contact information of the organisation in "Enquiry" at the bottom of the "Activities" page in Social Career app.
Please follow the HKUST Connect instruction to link with Social Career, you must use your school email address to register for Social Career account. Otherwise, you are not able to apply the volunteer opportunities provided by HKUST Connect.
If you have any questions about connecting school account, please contact HKUST Connect at firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Career cannot link your account to the school system by changing your email. You must use Tung Wah College email to register a new account so that the account can be automatically linked to the school system.
You can also submit your current service hours to the Student Affairs Office of Tung Wah College by completing the school form. If you have any questions about this form, please contact your student affairs.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 3190 6660
If you want to get a certificate issued by the organisation, please contact the organisation or person in charge of the activities for more information. You can find the contact information of the organisation in "Enquiry" at the bottom of the "Activities" page in Social Career app.
In addition, you can check your activities record in the Social CV. After completing the volunteer service, your Social CV will be updated automatically upon confirmation of your attendance. You can check it at any time by following steps:
- Log in to your Social Career account
- Click "Account"
- Click "Social CV"
At the end of each year, Social Career will issue certificate to volunteers who have reached 50 hours, 100 hours and 300 hours of service. More information will be sent to volunteers via email.
Social Career is a matching platform. The publishing organisation is responsible for the corresponding volunteer opportunities and activities.
If you want to know more about the insurance of the specific activity, please contact the person in charge of the organisation. You can find the contact information of the organisation in "Enquiry" at the bottom of the "Activities" page in Social Career app.
Get a question? We are here to answer! If you can’t find your answer here, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Career is a FREE platform for NGOs. The eligible organisations are:
- The organisations who have Section 88 charity licence / Society registration number.
- For Social Enterprises, please provide us more information during registration.
Organisation needs to create a Social Career account to recruit and manage volunteers/ activity participants.
- If you wish to get onboard, please sign up an account here
- You can refer to this article to guide you through the sign up process.
- Social Career will proceed the application once you have submitted all required information.
If you are not sure about your registered email of your organisation, please try to reset the password for the email account and see if you can receive the reset password email from Social Career system. If yes, it means that email is your registered email. Please refer to this article to reset the password manually.
If you are still unable to confirm your login information, please email us at email@example.com for assistance.
Please refer to this article to reset the password manually.
If you do not receive a reset password email, it may be because:
- Entered wrong email address.
- This email does not have a Social Career master account/staff account.
If you need to create a new staff account, please click here to learn more.
You can click "Organisation Profile" under "Organisation Settings" to change your organisation's basic information after logging in.
Some information such as organisation code, Legal entity name etc cannot be changed. If you need to change those information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Please refer to the article below: Volunteer opportunities/ Activities Rule
If no applications are received, organisations can edit and change ongoing volunteer opportunities/activities:
- Click on "Volunteer Opportunity" / "Activity"
- Click on "Current"
- Click "⋮" on the right and select "Edit"
However, if you change the schedule/other information (e.g. venue, activity content, etc.), the applied participants will not receive an email notification. Therefore, please inform participants of the changes.
Please refer to the instruction below: Cancel activities