Last updated 19 April 2021
Social Career Personal Information Collection Statement This Personal Information Collection Statement (“PICS”) gives you information that Social Career Limited (“Social Career”) is required by the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap 486) (the “Ordinance") and applicable laws to provide to you in relation to the Personal Data Social Career collects from you. Under the Ordinance, Personal Data means any data or information relating to an individual and from which it is practicable for the identity of that inividual to be directly or indirectly ascertained, and in a form in which access to or processing of the data is practicable.
It is voluntary for you to provide your Personal Data. However, if you do not provide sufficient information, we may not be able to provide the Services to you.
How we collect your data
We collect your Personal Data when you:
· sign-up for and use the Services;
· log-in to our app;
· update your User Account;
· fill-out a membership or application form;
· fill out a survey; and
· submit enquiries to directly to customer support or through 3rd party tools.
What we use your data for
The Personal Data collected by us will be used to:
· provide our App and Services;
· promote the security of our App and Services;
· process and complete your application for registration of a User Account and administering your User Account; and
· subject to the provisions of the Ordinance, to send you Marketing Materials if you have consented to it or you do not object in
Who we share your data with
Your Personal Data held by Social Career will be kept confidential. To facilitate the purposes set out in the paragraph above, we may transfer, disclose, grant access to or share your Personal Data with the following parties to:
· NGOs and Social Enterprises;
· your school, if you use your school email address to sign up for a User Account;
· your company, if you use your company email address to sign up for a User Account; and
· trusted third-party service providers, such as third parties to: help host our Services, facilitate communications on our App through
a messaging service, offer incentive programs, send out emails and updates, process payments, or provide back-office or IT services, on our behalf.
Access to Data
The Ordinance provides you with rights in respect of Personal Data that we hold about you, including the right to request a copy of the Personal Data, request that we rectify, restrict or delete your Personal Data, object to profiling and unsubscribe from marketing communications.
Social Career retains your Personal Data for as long as necessary to provide you with the Services, or for other important purposes such as complying with legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. If you have a User Account with us, we will typically retain your Personal Data for a period of ninety (90) days after you have requested that your account is closed or if it's been inactive for seven (7) years.
Please contact the Customer Service of Social Career at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you:
· wish to submit a request to access or correct your Personal Data held by us; or
· wish to withdraw your consent to the receipt of any Marketing Materials.